Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lets hear it for the boy!!

One of my MANY new years resolutions is to blog more often. I would like to get it as a book next year for Christmas. My kids are growing like weeds and I want to be able to remember these precious days. So here we go...first post.
Brady. Oh how I LOVE that boy. We have been together for 15 years. WHEW. Sounds so long. We began our journey when we were freshman in High school. Well, that is when we started dating. Let me back up to eighth grade...just for kicks. I was new at BMS and Brady was kinda the class clown. So, in short lets just say he had lots of fun picking on the new kid. Before I knew it he had most of the kids calling me "Buffy". Still to this day I have no idea where that name came from. I think it is safe to say that he is not sure either. We were friends though...i guess...somewhat friends...we had the same friends. The last day of school as we all said our goodbyes to all our friends I remember him saying "Bye, Buffy" and giving me an awkward hug. I did not see him for the entire summer. Doubt I even thought about him. I enjoyed my Summer poolside with a good friend Sarah Winsier. It was then time for school to start again. High School. I remember the first day when Brady and I saw each other we said hello and then I remember him telling me "You look good Buffy." Nice.
We went on with our freshman year and somehow "Buffy" disappeared and I became Christine again. Brady then dated a girl named Tracy-Lee. She was a junior and a cheerleader. I can remember liking nothing about that girl. I mean I really did not know her. I just remember her always putting her hand in an "L" shape on top of her forehead saying "Loser". That my friends, is enough for me not to like you. Just sayin. Anyways, they dated. While they dated Brady and I talked on the phone, as friends. One night right before Spring Break they broke up! That night we were on the phone talking about how we should get our friends together and watch a movie. I said I would call. I hung up the phone and never called anyone. I called him back and he said that I could come over to his house and we could watch a movie. I did. I don't remember the name of the movie but it had 2 tapes. We watched the 2nd one first. We then went up to his room to watch the Simpsons. Somewhere in the watching Seinfeld and the Simpsons we kissed. Our very first kiss. March 22 1996.
Fast forward to January 4 2011. We are married and have two cute kids. Brady is a fantastic husband and an even more fantastic Daddy. Last night while I cuddled in bed with Paloma watching horrible lifetime movies with really bad acting, Brady made dinner, straightened up the house and did dishes. Even bleached the sippy cups. For real! So, on that note I give it up to the guy I am lucky to have as a husband. Love you Brady P. McBride.XOXOXO
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Was Brady's room's door closed during the Fox make out session? Doug and Sarah probably knew what they were doing with those boys' and their hi-jinks by then.

    That is a very cute blog post, good job Christine. Make Brady write one... not type, have him write it.

    ReplyDelete