Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Making orniments










I have a new kind of respect for all moms of school aged kids. I thought once Cogan was in kindergarten that my life would be simple and I would get so much accomplished during the day! WRONG! I have decide to be the more hands on kind of mom. I typically have lunch with him 2 times a month, I volunteer in the classroom once a week and I am dedicated to helping his wonderful teacher out in any way I can. Usually this means pulling out homework pages from workbooks and having them ready to go home in the Monday folders. However, along with all that, this month I was IN CHARGE of the class HOLIDAY PARTY!!! Oh what fun! I first met with Mrs. Mello and started discussing what was to be done. Oh this is no pre-k eat lots of yummy food kind of party! She suggested that we do centers. 5 Activities that the kids can go to in their small groups! PERFECT! I got the e-mails going and the supplies divided up among all the willing parents and we were on our way. My contribution to the centers is ornaments to paint! So, Cogan and I had to bake ornaments. Was not too bad. I would do it again any old time!










I love that I am able to do all these special things with and for Cogan. I love that I am a working Mom who can also have so much time to do these wonderful things. My house may not always be the cleanest and I ALWAYS have a ton of laundry but I am oh so thankful of what blessings I have that make it possible to spend the most amount of time on the things that really matter.




1 comment:

  1. christine, i love your blog!! so exciting! it looks like you did an awesome job on cogan's class party! i love the ornaments! what did you do to get the cookies hard? glue? something else? or did the cookies not need anything else?

    ReplyDelete